The Leica M Typ 240 is a highly coveted camera that features advanced technology, allowing it to last you a long time if kept in good condition. However, an often overlooked aspect of this camera is its shutter count lifespan.
Shutter count signifies the number of times the shutter has been released when taking pictures – each press of the button counts as one instance. Consequently, every time you click the button, your Leica M Typ 240 moves closer towards its maximum limit of usage. Once this threshold has been reached, the camera will cease to function.
Experts estimate that an average life expectancy for a M Type 240 is around 100,000 shots. This might seem like a large number but it can be attained rather quickly if photography or filming is conducted on a regular and intensive basis.
It is essential that you remain cognizant and keep track of your Leica M Typ 240’s shutter count lifespan in order to guarantee continuing excellent images over an extended period of time.
Should I get the Leica M Typ 240?
The Leica M (Typ 240) is the camera that many a rangefinder photographer has been waiting for. It fixes many of the issues of previous models, but it doesn’t come cheap.
The Leica M Typ 240 has a resolution of 24 megapixels and a 3” screen. This Leica was revealed to the public in 2012. It’s a mirrorless camera with interchangeable lenses that are equipped with a Full frame sensor.
- Big, bright optical viewfinder.
- Large, high-contrast rangefinder focusing patch.
- Full-frame CMOS image sensor.
- Compact for a full-frame camera.
- Live view with focus peaking.
- Detailed images at every ISO.
- Impressive build quality.
- Sharp rear LCD.
- Resistant to dusts and splashes.
- Optional EVF available.
- Near universal lens support via adapters.
- GPS add-on grip available.
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is included.
- Very expensive.
- A little slow to start up.
- Manual focus only.
- 1080p video could be better.
- Odd auto ISO exposure issue.
We reviewed the Leica M Typ 240 independently. If you buy through our links, we may earn a commission, which help support our website at no cost for you.